The temperate climate and diversity of landscape in Dallas, provide many solutions for DIY landscapers and professionals alike.
Dallas Landscaping Ideas? If you’re looking for some tips to get started with your landscaping project in Dallas, here’s a look at 5 common landscaping ideas:
- Use Bold Colors
- Experiment with a Desert Landscape
- Build an Outdoor Kitchen
- Use a Firepit for Gathering Spaces
- Implement Privacy Landscaping
Whether you’re looking to add a few new features, or are planning a full overhaul of your yard, this article will provide some tips on getting started with your landscaping project.
Modern Landscaping Trends; A Quick Guide
If you’re looking for inspiration on landscaping your yard, a helpful starting place for reference is contemporary trends. The benefit of following modern landscaping trends is that there’s extensive support from a community of DIYers and professionals. Additionally, many of the features are highly available and affordable, providing extra customizability for your yard.
One way to liven up your yard or garden is to implement a bold color scheme to make it pop. An additional helpful tip for bringing color into your landscape is to use a color wheel to ensure your colors complement your existing garden features. For example, if your flowers have reds and oranges, you could add architecture consisting of blues.
Many DIY landscapers like to design their garden with a desert theme in mind. While not only a homage to Texas’ landscape and terrain, utilizing a desert theme would be the perfect opportunity to plant many LINK TO OTHER ARTICLE>climate-friendly plants, ideal for hot Dallas summers.
According to Landscapingnetwork.com:
Not only is this look appealing, but it is incredibly easy to maintain and requires very little irrigation.
A modern trend for many DIYers and professional landscapers is installing an outdoor kitchen in your backyard. There are many affordable options, and a wide range of the complexity you can choose for your outdoor kitchen.
Here’s a quick look at some features and outdoor kitchen can add to your backyard:
- Grills for Summer BBQs
- Additional Outdoor Countertop Space
- Outdoor Sinks
- Extra Storage for your Backyard
Whether you’re hosting a summer party, or just looking to socialize with your family, the countless options and features available for an outdoor kitchen make it an excellent choice for many yards.
If you’re into gardening or landscaping, you’ve no doubt come across a variety of different modern fire pits. Fire pits are not only a great way to encourage outdoor hangouts, but their high availability makes them an affordable solution for many landscaping projects. For added versatility, you can even use some fire pits for outdoor cooking!
As an added benefit, Dallas has somewhat temperate spring and fall seasons, perfect for outdoor events. If you’re looking for additional tips on setting up a fire pit in your yard, check out this article for more information.
If you’re close to your neighbors, or just like a more intimate feel in your backyard, privacy landscaping might be a good option. Not only is the trend becoming more popular, but there are many unique solutions provided by privacy landscaping as well. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Go Big: Invest in outdoor plants that either grow large quickly or already offer a sizable footprint. This will give immediate privacy without distracting from the overall look of your yard.
- Use Privacy Screens or Lattice Panels: The benefit of adding additional architecture in your yard is that you have an immediate solution. Additionally, you have the versatility of customizing your privacy how you want.
- Create Separate Enclosure: If you have an expansive yard, or are just looking to construct a separate gathering area, you can create a standalone enclosure. With this solution, you’ll be able to focus your privacy landscaping on a much more manageable amount of space.